Are you looking to stand out in your shoes? Then why not crystalise them to add an extra touch of personalisation to them! Whether you want a Subtle Shine or an Eye-Grabbing Sparkle, we at Crystal Parade can point you in the right direction towards your perfect pair of shoes.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1. Swarovski flatback rhinestones NON-HOTFIX:
2. Crystal Katana: This is a very useful tool with a wax bud one side and pointed end the other, it makes picking up rhinestones very simple.
3. e6000 adhesive: This is an industrial strength craft adhesive that’s very strong, flexible, waterproof and clear in colour. It should be used in a well-ventilated area with a mask for protection from the harmful fumes.
4. A piece of cotton cloth: Cotton is ideal because it doesn’t leave fibers behind when you wipe a surface.
5. Shoes of your choosing.- Browse our Shoe Kits here.
Prepare by placing all the crystals on a piece of paper with the shiny side facing upwards. If you shake the paper, you will find most of the crystals flip themselves over.
Take a small amount of e6000 adhesive and spread it out in the bottom corner of the heel, with enough adhesive for a few crystals.
HOW TO CRYSTALISE
1. Carefully select and plan where you want to crystalise and apply enough E6000 glue to add half around 5-7 Crystals around the edge of your desired area. If you apply too much it may dry before you can place your crystals.
2. Use the Crystal Katana to pick up and place your first Crystal, do not press the crystal, instead, a gentle touch should be enough to leave it in place.
3. Continue to place crystals around the edge of your desired area. Add around 5 crystals at a time and refine their positions with the Crystal Katana after each 5.
4. Continue This until the entire surface area is covered.
5. Leave the crystals to set for 2 Hours before polishing with a cotton cloth to remove any waxy residue from the surface. If you knock any crystals loose whilst polishing, simply replace them with another dab of E6000 and replace the crystal.
6. It’s recommended you wait for 24-48 hours before wearing your shoes to allow the E6000 glue to dry.